Light-O-Rama Forums

Spiral tree channels and colors

LORi P

My Hybrid Spiral Mega tree uses 64 channels (I built 4 diy kits and mounted them in one box with 64 pigtails...what a beast).  I have 16 changes of Red, 16 channels of White, and 16 channels of Blue LEDs.  (These are zip-tied together to form a tri-colored super string.  Each string has 100 led's on it)  These 3 colors form the "Spiral" part of the mega Tree.  On top of the Spirals I have 15 channels of Green leds.  (of those 15 channels of Green I have 13 that have 2 strings of Green and 2 channels with 3 strings of Green).  So that's 63 channels...the last channel is for Strobes which i place randomly over the tree.  I used "ChristmaslightShow" 20 foot Mega Tree Kit.  My mega tree sits in a "Portable Hole II".  Topping my tree off is one of Christmas Light show's  24" 3-D star tree toppers.  I use Holiday Coro's "dumb" pixel strips to outline each of the three stars and I have 3 DMX controllers at the base of the Star.  So essentially I have 64 LOR channels and 9 DMX channels in my Mega Tree.  This is my second year with the tree.  All the LED's are 5mm leds'  strings from CDI.  The Red, White and Blue are 100 count and the Greens are 70 count.  I also used LED strobes for my mega tree. 

anyway...that's my Mega Tree...

Barry

• Like 1

Here's a link to one of my videos on youtube.  

I have a webpage, www.clearviewchristmas.com and you can also find me on facebook, just search for clearviewchristmas

Amtrak! That is totally awesome! Love the mix of colour and direction! Well done!

Looks awesome! I'm still awestruck by some your guys displays! Love the layout of your House/display!

Beautiful!

• 3 months later...

I used 16 channels on my spiral tree.. alternated with (8) channel multicolored lights and (8) channel  blue lights.

Was my first year using LOR and made my mega tree with PVC frame and Mini trees are tomato cages on sale from Lowes at 50 cents each. I am a newbie so please do be to critical of my first efforts.. i am just learning here.

I made all my decorations myself... sorry about the video and sound being not as good as some.... My first year trying to video it to.

this year I am thinking of making my tree taller... It is now 12 ft with a 2 ft 2 channel star.

for all my videos for Halloween and Christmas

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rQS92LcPWUXsSF1WR3hkw