Light-O-Rama Forums

Getting sound outside

Jim Singer

I love this product and was able to hook up a 16 channel controller and get the lights blinking to the LOR Musical Sequences but I have no idea if there is a way to hook up outside stereo speakers to the computer. The lights look funny with no ability to hear music. I am an extreme novice to technology. I had my college son help with the software installation and he is now back at scool. Any suggestions for this novice?

Thanks

Sure you cna hook the speaker (audio out on your computer) to the inputs on your home stereo or something alog those lines. you would need an adapter 3.5mm to rca stereo cables. Radio shack has them. or a fm transmitter would work to broadcast your music to the cars and or a radio outside, but the noise may drive the neighbors nuts.

If you go to the PC FM Transmitter route, then I suggest using a company called Inter Tech FM. They pulled me out of a jam a year ago with their support and they helped me this year setting up a better antenna. The outside speaker route will work as long as your neighbors don't mind the music. Either way will work great. If interested in the web site for the transmitter it is....

http://www.intertechfm.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=98_55

You can simply hook up stereo speakers right to your PC from the output jack in the back. (This is where your FM transmitter would plug in)

I am sure that the folks at Radio Shack could find the right plug for you.