Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR S3 With D-Light Controllers

dan003400

I have 6 D-Light ACx16's and I would love to be able to switch over to the LOR software, I have been out of the game for a few years, and have huge regrets ever going with D-Light, everything about them sucks! If anyone has some insight on how I can get my D-Light controllers up to speed with some real actual working software this would be great, also because I have purchased 15 CCR/CCP/CCB from LOR and I would like to combine all of these into one show.

Thanks in advance! 

Dan

Edited by dan003400

Hello,

I currently run 8 D-Light controllers and 3 LOR CMB24 controllers with LOR SE. I do not have any problems running all that together/daisy chained. The main point you need to know is that you must use D-Light Hardware Utility and USB485 to assign #'s and test the D-Light controllers. You should have no problems other than the inconvenience of having to have two utilities and 2 USB485's. You would have to have the LOR USB for your other LOR equipment. I believe you can use either USB to run your show but I use the LOR USB485 and the D-Light is the first in the daisy chain.

Hope this helps you. This forum has helped me and I have rarely had experience or expertise to pay it forward. This time I do have some experience to help someone.

William,

Edited by wt1924

I do have the D-Light FireFly, no other D-Light controllers though.  I do have the D-Light adapter for use with their hardware utility, but use the USB485B from LOR with the FireFly in the show.  It's daisy chained right in the mix of the LOR controllers.  Works fine, but as mentioned, when you use the LOR hardware utility, it will not find it.  I never changed the unit numbers on it, still set with the default 2, 3, & 4 controller IDs.  They did come out with a software upgrade a while back, which I have not installed, to give the FireFli DMX capability.  I imagine that the DLight controllers are limited to the lower speed, although my FireFli works fine at 115K.