Light-O-Rama Forums

Lockups and crashes

Robert Burton

I normally am able to sequence pretty fast. So when health issues slowed me down in the end of Oct. I wasn't worried. Unfortunately I now need to get over these crashes I am having hourly in my sequencing. Also very slow save times. Tonight I was trying to redo my Auburn sequence (yes...War Eagle anyway ;-) and not only had it crash during sequence redo, but when I tried to view it outside with the lights (since I couldn't see it on my laptop!).  I am running a 2880 pixel tree with a bunch of dmx dumb nodes / strips as well. However my setup is chicken feed compared to others.  I have not been able to install the 4g patch which is in another thread. It just won't launch the .exe files. Have not tried it on my Win8.1 show computer.

I am not running the latest software because I do not have Superstar. I am running video with my setup and sometimes sequence with that. However I did turn that off and it still crashes. 

Really getting old...PLEASE HELP!

The one part I should be able to help you with is that to install the 4GB patch, you have to have administrator rights or run it as administrator.

From one "Ham" to another.....THANKS!

I had posted this in another thread. That was the problem. I actually run my computer as a secondary user. That way ANYTHING that tries to get installed on it (viruses, malware...) it has to go thru a password. The 4g patch never asked for that. Manually ran it as an admin, worked.

I hear you should patch LORMonitor and sequencer....what else?  Does this work on Win8.1 as well?

an someone help me with this patch  I  would like  to  DL and  install this. I  do not  know  where it needs to be  put. Thanks

an someone help me with this patch  I  would like  to  DL and  install this. I  do not  know  where it needs to be  put. Thanks

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php    it can go on any executable file...sequencer, visualizer, etc....generally the LOR executables are good to 2G I believe, so this definitely helps.