Light-O-Rama Forums

Need help

Mike Heatherly

I need some help. I have a 16 channel pc kit that is acting funny. When I hook it up to the computer in the hardware utility and run it through some of the channel checks it works sporadically. Some of the channels will come on right away and some times I have to resend the command again. I noticed that the LED does not stay fully on. It starts to blink for a few seconds then goes back to sold. I think I might be losing commo. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike

PS: I am pretty sure the cable is good because I used it on another board and it worked flawlessly.

Mike Heatherly wrote:

I need some help. I have a 16 channel pc kit that is acting funny. When I hook it up to the computer in the hardware utility and run it through some of the channel checks it works sporadically. Some of the channels will come on right away and some times I have to resend the command again. I noticed that the LED does not stay fully on. It starts to blink for a few seconds then goes back to sold. I think I might be losing commo. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike

PS: I am pretty sure the cable is good because I used it on another board and it worked flawlessly.

I just replied to your post on PC... If the cable is good, check the soldering on your board, particularly the comm area. See the troubleshooting guide for more info...

-Tim