Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 locked up AGAIN! TWO MORE TIMES

plasmadrive

2 more times.. Different computers, same song on both computers..  Last night at the end of this song my show laptop just locked up.  Screen was fine but it for some reason just locked up.  Today, same song, different computer, same results.  When it went to the end of the song it locked up.  I think it still thinks it is playing the song but the stop button won't function.... neither will anything else

I minimized the screen and when I opened it back up.. all white.. just like before.   After I close S3 and restart it seems ok.. but I can't keep doing this. When I close it also asked if I want to save and it did save the program with all my latest changes.. Restarted S3 and ran thru the same exact sequence and no issues. 

There has to be some sort of bug in the software.  I have done lots more editing and saving and copying and pasting on much larger sequences in the past.. but this is starting to become annoying. 

Edited by plasmadrive

Plasmadrive,

Have you installed the 4g patch to your LORmonitor.exe file? I am sure you are running compressed sequences. I did not see any locking up but watch your task monitor and see what file may be using most of your ram. I did have a program called Icontrol for ASUS causing me a few issue at the start.

Jeff,

Long ago I installed the patch.  When it happened, I closed S3 then reopened it.  Nothing else changed what so ever.  I have a CPU Usage gadget and I am using a bit more than 4gig for my entire computer.. If this happens again I will look at what the free RAM level is at. 

Thanks,

Craig

If you do an update with LOR you will need to re-patch them again. That caught me when I kept crashing when sequencing.