Light-O-Rama Forums

Error 8002 Comms

Kieren James

Hi everyone

I have upgrade to the new version 3.12.0

I am using the same computer as last year but now l am getting an the following 8002 comms error

l have tried to fixed it but l am totally stumped

Can some offer some advice in plain English please.

Though l know a bit about computers when it comes to these types of error l really struggle

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks Jerome

post-6163-0-12006800-1417258876_thumb.pn

Hi everyone

Just updating just in case anyone else experiences the same problem.

Basically the drivers that were installed on my computer for the USB, slots were not certified by Microsoft, thus stopping them for working.

I always though that these updated automatically, but this was not the case this time.

Once l update to certified driver the everything started working again.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep getting the 8002 error in my show. And it seems random. It sometimes cuts off a sequence and goes to the next sequence. It seems that my show will play fine until it gets to about the late few songs then starts giving me errors of some kind. I can play all my sequences through the SE with the lights on and no problem. I checked the drivers for my comm ports and it says I have 2014 drivers. This is a new computer as my last new computer had the hard drive crash. I don't have this computer connected to the wifi. But every once in awhile as it is ideal, I will here it sound off with a tone that I get when I plug or unplug the LOR adapter or an  thumb drive. I feel that there is sometime running in the back ground, but I can't figure out what it could be. I did notice that I got a windows update, but I don't know how, as I said, I don't have it connected to the inter net. Any suggestions?

Thanks