Light-O-Rama Forums

Light Linker Problems ?

dodgertrue

I have 5 controllers on one side of my house and 2 controllers on the other side of my house.  They are all connected with the RF Light Linkers.  Last weekend when I did my first test I had a hard time finding controllers 1-5 all on the same side of the house. It took a couple of try's.  I found 6 and 7 right away.  Last night when I went live I had the same problem but it took me longer to find controllers 1-5.  7 or 8 try's.  Still found 6 and 7 right away. Tonight I had to find the controller's again and it took probably 15 minutes and when I did the show didn't run as programed.  Still found 6 and 7 right away.

Things would come on when they weren't supposed to and things wouldn't go of when they weren't supposed to.  My Light Linkers are 8 years old.  Do they wear out?  Or could it be controller number 1 that is having a problem.

I have also move the Light Linker from one side to the other and the light Linker from inside to outside tonight to see if that would help and it didn't.

Thanks,   Greg

Most likely either the RJ45 jack(s) or the cables.  If you can't find any of the 5 in one string it could actually be the jack on the ELL.. Since the controllers do not repeat the data signal the only reason the ones down the line won't respond is if the signal is lost somewhere.  Could be a bad comm chip on any one of the controller..  

Unplug 2-5 and try to find 1.  If successful, add 2 and so on.  if you can't find 1 then connect straight to 2 and try that.  Rinse and repeat.  If you find that none are working or being found correctly, it may well be the ELL.  Update the firmware if you haven't done so and try the other output jack if you haven't done that yet. 

Good luck.. please let us know what happens.

Craig

Edited by plasmadrive

Thanks for the advise Craig.  Disconnected the RJ 45 coming from the Light Linker to unit 1,  reconnected it and the light went solid right away.  Refreshed and found all 7 boxes 1st try.  Ran a couple of shows and it looks good.  Thanks again.  8 years of doing this and still learning new things.

Greg

Thanks for the advise Craig.  Disconnected the RJ 45 coming from the Light Linker to unit 1,  reconnected it and the light went solid right away.  Refreshed and found all 7 boxes 1st try.  Ran a couple of shows and it looks good.  Thanks again.  8 years of doing this and still learning new things.

Greg

Cool!  I have one ELL that has a bad jack so I had this very issue.  I just used the other jack and works great so far!  

• The topic was locked