Light-O-Rama Forums

Help with Daisychain

dhager

I have one CTB16 PC v4.40 and 3 CTB16PG3 units.  When I plug two of the CTB16PG3 units into the CTB16PC it will not recognize anything beyond the first unit (CTB16PC) but if I only plug one unit in it will recognize it?

Any suggestions?  I have tried to change the orders or the other units, I have made sure each unit ID is correct.  I am out of ideas and ready to call it quits. 

Is this a mix of older (red status light) and newer (green status light) controllers? If they are, are you trying to run 500k? Is so then know that 500k and older controllers don't mix.

yes it is one older (red light) and 3 newer green lights.  It is being fed by ELL to the red light unit, then daisy chained to the other three green lights.

Sounds like a connection issue with the ELLs. Do you have status lights on those? Are they solid? How, exactly, are you connected to the first unit/ell? Usb485? Usb485b? Usb485-hs?

I have one ELL pair.  The one at the computer is connected to the USB485B.  The other is connected to unit one (CTB16PC).  I then have a cat 5e connecting that to the CTB16PG3.  If there is one connected it is fine, if I connect a second it does not work.  Status light (red) is steady on the first, if I connect the CTB16PG3 it stays red and the green light stays green.  If I add the 3rd unit then the second unit starts to blink.  I changed my unit 3 and 4 around and it didn't matter each time I connected the third unit it would cause the second unit to flash and drop out.  I have checked my cat5e cables, they are working fine.  If I use the cable and run it directly to my usb485b it works fine.

if the cat5 jack on the controller is loose is that a good sign the unit is bad? LOR Hardware utility does not recognize the first controller but does recognize controllers after the 1st. The jack moves a bit (up and down)....can't seem to figure out why the led just blinks on the first unit

Tried a phone cord with same results  the CTB16PC V4.40 loses it connect when I plug a second CTB16PG3 into it.  Any Suggestions? Help Don?

The network ports are really touchy on my newer boards.  If I bend the cable down it works just fine.  Had to get creative in how I ran the Cat5 and then everything worked fine.  There were a couple of pins pushed in on the network connectors that I was able to pick up and bend forward again.  Everything is running now.  Thanks for the suggestions,.

The wire fingers of the RJ45 connectors are probably the cause of your issues. They get pushed in and sometimes, do not spring back out. Look in there closely with a light and magnifying glass to view them

• The topic was locked