Light-O-Rama Forums

Display and Lights Not Coming On?

fanggallo

I have the LOR1602WG3 controller with the digital display on the front, 16 channel, two 15A fuses etc..

Earlier the right fuse blew and I replaced it. The unit's green LED on the board is lit and blinking periodically, which like the old units shows it is not connected to the PC yet. However, it is connected and daisy chained with the other 2 controllers so it should be recognized. Hardware utility is not finding it. Also, the digital display on the front of the controller is not coming on. Anyone help with this issue?

-Controller has power

-Digital display isn't coming on

-Hardware utility not finding controller

It seems like the CAT5 port is not working? I only have 1 in and out CAT5. The other is the RJ11 port. Suggestions?

Thanks

Have you tried switching the cat5 cables around to make sure it's not the cable?

Also, make sure the cable is a patch cable and not a cross-over cable.

Hope you can get it going soon....

Check the fingers of the RJ45 connectors on the unit in question as well as the daisychain output unit. Make sure they aren't pushed in and not popping out.

Possibly what ever blew the fuse took out controller.... Open a ticket with LOR and see if they have any suggestions short of sending it in for repair.....

Not a great answer, I know, but I am curious as to what failed to blow the fuse..

Bob

It's weird though because the controller still has power..The LED comes on and the lights do flash for a split second when flipping the main controller on/off switch

The PIC processor may have gotten zapped when the fuse blew(?).

Just guessing but from what you described so far, no display and no sync with the PC....

The green LED on the board stops flashing when I plug the display cord back into the board..I don't know what the LED has to do with the display screen..

Sorry I missed that it was or appears to syncing to the PC. But the HWU still won't find it? Can you bring the controller in and plug directly from your LOR dongle to the board with a fresh cable and verify the operation? Also, if this board is like all the others, the RJ45 connectors are in parallel so you can test to either for connection.

One more thing to check. Which LOR dongle are you running and at what speed? Your running the G3's which I don't think run the 500k speed if you have the HS dongle and cranked up the rate

Bob

• The topic was locked