Light-O-Rama Forums

Recording your show with a GoPro

Softball Shawn

I am trying to use my GoPro Black to record my show and I am none to impressed with the results. I am fairly new with this thing and I have not played with the settings. Any of you have any tips for recording a show with a GoPro?

Personally I wouldn't use one unless I had a drone/quadcopter thingy to fly around it with. I do have the dog mount accessory for it tho so maybe I'll let my dog run around the display and see what I get!

You should use the 1080/60 in a wide mode video option for your GoPro, don't forget that even the most expensive and the most high tech camera needs some amount of light to have a decent video, other wise the video will be blurry and dark, now talking about your GoPro if it is the new 4k GoPro, you are able to change more setting to improve your videos.

Did someone mention a GoPro and Drone?  I actually did a test flight last night to see angles of my GoPro Hero 3+ Black on a DJI Quadcopter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl0Q5sLpnS0

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Jl0Q5sLpnS0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• 4 weeks later...

Also consider shooting at just past dusk or right before dawn when theres more light in the air but not so much it looks like any daylight.

These camera's pick up all the light they can find.

If you can put it into manual mode for focus that will help a bit as well, they tend to seek focus when the lights blink.

I don't recall mine having a lot of exposure options, but you could also try a neutral density filter to maybe bring down the brightest a bit, but the camera might just try to increase the exposure to compensate for the lower light from the ND.

I'm going to try and use my Silver 3+ as well this year, will see how I do.

We used a Gopro this year to film the lights. The colors show up great, the problem, unless you are watching on HD, it looks a little snowy... but if it is HD, it did not miss the colors. I will be trying my 3ccd older Camcorder.. New Christmas wish... New Camera- Canon XL-H1 or XH a1