Light-O-Rama Forums

Runtime error

Chuck Redding

I don't have any problem turning my shows on. It's when a show finishes one night, the next day on the schedule start time I get a "Runtime Error" C:program filesLight-o-ramaLORMonitor.exe. "the application had to terminate in an unusual way.

I started to get this problem at the end of last year when I tried to upgrade to 1.6.1. It didn't work because I had some demo version in my files. I deleted LOR all together and reinstalled from the original disk and then upgraded this year. But I'm still getting this issue.

I do have two profiles on my computer. One for me and one for my wife. Is this what's causing the problem since LOR isn't showing in her profile? It also does seem that if I get home before the schedule starts and go into my profile it will work. But once it times out and the screen saver starts I get the error.

Hoping to get some feed back before I go and mess something up that I can't fix. Thanks.

Hi am not sure about the profiles but we do have multple users on our our machines and it doesn't seem to cause a problem.

I have heard about some screen savers causing a problem. I would try disabling them.

Sorry it's taken me awhile to get back with you Dan. I'm still getting the same Runtime error. I turned off the screen savers in my profile and my wifes. I also turned the power management programs to 'never'. When I first tried this the show did start, but I got the error after the first song finished and it hasn't come back on since. Once I get the error and can click 'OK' and the enable the Enable the shows and they'll come on. I just can't get the schedule Editor to come on. This is only after turning a show on after one has gone off.

Do you think this matters: When I search for boxes using the hardware utility this is what I get: 01 CTB16D ver 3.0, 02 CTB16D ver 4.01, 03 CTB16D ver 4.01

These are all showtime products (not DIY). Box 01 is ver. 3.0. Will this matter?

Thanks, Chuck.

This is sounding more like a problem with the install. I would un-install the software from the Add/Remove programs and then re-install the software. If you do not have the full version of 1.6.1 then send an email to support@lightorama.com

Dan