Light-O-Rama Forums

2015.....What will you change?

dbltrukr1

Now that 2014 show is, (started, ready to go, starting soon, #*$&!, chose yours), what will you change or add for 2015?

I'm going to change my windows to 3 colors instead of multi-color, add channels to my mega tree and possibly change my blue arches out for white ones. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lightzilla

• oilmoney

• bhunt240

• SparkDr

Been playing with animatronics the last couple years; I hope to get really serious about it this year and have it incorporated next year.

I'm TRYING to add RGB this year.  But it may most likely be for next year.  Still ironing out the bugs on the mega tree.  But next year comes the RGB mini trees, the RGB arches, the RGB snow flakes, the RGB candy canes.... trying to add at least one RGB item of each thing I am making to the display.   For R&D of course :D I'll still leave all the rest of the LED's and even some incans.  For light counts, cause somewhere that's still important right?

There are also other things coming no one knows about... :ph34r:

I must be in the minority here.  Even though I seem to add new features each year, I have found myself eliminating channels and lights each year rather than adding them.  Even though I added the two mega pixel trees and a couple new items this year, I still reduced my channel count by two controllers and over 2000 lights. Part of it is probably that I am at just about 100% led which reduces the number of required channels for amperage.  Plus, as the display matures, I have found ways to eliminate channels and extension cords.  As an example, my wife paints all the cutouts which need to be illuminated.  I have always used separate channels for each scene, however, we leave that illumination on all of the time now, the same with the lights along the walking pathway.  Next year, I am going to either put them all on one or two channels or may even just use a timer to turn them on.  Doing this will eliminate at least 50 channels and make wiring of the display as well as sequencing much simpler.  Must be that old age thing and losing some of the mobility of my younger years. :P

I am going to change out all my RGB dumb strips to dumb Pixels on the house. The strips are way to bright and even when I lower the intenisty there is not much change. Oh and probably adding another CMB24 controller.

This is my 1st year RGB and I'm sure I'll add some more next year.  I also can't seem to shake my fascination with candy cane spinners, so they will be joining the show as well.

Hopefully changing how early I start set-up next year. I still have a lot to do today.....
I'd like to add some RGB props, just not 100% sure which one, what style etc. Most likely will change out my Mega Tree as it's probably my weakest prop. Since I'm not sure about RGB, I'm ordering HolidayCoro's RGB starter kit to play around with. We'll see how it goes. Looks like a pretty cool way to learn basics. Try it before you buy it...

http://www.holidaycoro.com/RGB-DMX-DIY-Sample-Packages-s/1884.htm

Hopefully changing how early I start set-up next year. I still have a lot to do today.....

I'd like to add some RGB props, just not 100% sure which one, what style etc. Most likely will change out my Mega Tree as it's probably my weakest prop. Since I'm not sure about RGB, I'm ordering HolidayCoro's RGB starter kit to play around with. We'll see how it goes. Looks like a pretty cool way to learn basics. Try it before you buy it...

http://www.holidaycoro.com/RGB-DMX-DIY-Sample-Packages-s/1884.htm

First year RGB for me and will glowingly recommend the HC mega tree.  I'm all in at about $1500 for the pre-assembled 16 strip kit, 3 purchased sequences from HolidaySequences.com, 320' of EMT conduit, EMT compression connectors, about 500 4" zip ties, lumber, taxes, and shipping.

First year RGB for me and will glowingly recommend the HC mega tree.  I'm all in at about $1500 for the pre-assembled 16 strip kit, 3 purchased sequences from HolidaySequences.com, 320' of EMT conduit, EMT compression connectors, about 500 4" zip ties, lumber, taxes, and shipping.

Great to know.

Thanks.

Move to a place where it doesn't snow & get these -30+ temperatures. :rolleyes: (I wish)

I hope to continue buying RGB Devises. Make more RGB "Potted Christmas Urn Mini Bushes". The four "Mini Bushes" are replacing my mini trees & the "Mini Bushes" look real. I want to make 4 more Light-O-Rama Cosmic Colour Pixel arches out of 1 ccp controller with two strings to have 8 arches with 8 "Mini Bushes". The bushes are in the centre of the arch but forward about 12"..... both the arches & the Mini Bushes are on 10" lift kits for the purpose of snow (which has now just about covered the whole bush). This makes the yard look good day or night along with a few blowmoulds, wood cutouts, & 2 Bears inside a cave.