Light-O-Rama Forums

talk about a last minute kick in the nuts!

portcity_gt

Theres now a new radio station,not local but close enough, on my frequency. So i had to change my sign.....not too bad because i was able to just put some tape on the 8 to go from 98.5 to 90.5.

Ugh I know the feeling. We have the same issue that has seemingly popped up on the station that we were going to use as well. Went out to test tonight and had all sorts of radio issues. Discovered the same problem. Just another minor inconvenience in getting this all going. Lol.

We have some church that decided to broadcast their sermons on our channel. I just turned my transmitter up a little and over power them. It is a station that is really static in our town but a few miles away you can get it ok. Sitting on our street it is all us and no issues.

Back in 2009 I chose a non-used channel. A couple years later, a Church legally took the same channel. Its not a very strong transmitter so I'm able to over power them within my area in front of the house. Been doing that for the last couple years.

I won't change my channel or my sign till I'm told to do it by the FCC.

Back in 2009 I chose a non-used channel. A couple years later, a Church legally took the same channel. Its not a very strong transmitter so I'm able to over power them within my area in front of the house. Been doing that for the last couple years.

I won't change my channel or my sign till I'm told to do it by the FCC.

same here

I think all these church's should check with us before they decide to steal our stations....lol That's not very Christian of them....lol. I too overpower them. Like I said it is staticky- not sure if that's a word, in our town so I don't see many listening to a staticky radion station so I am not changing it either. Easily overpowered outside on our street.

The station that got on my frequency is 40 miles away so i dont think id run into any problems broadcasting on it in my area, but i changed anyway because i dont want their 50,000 watts beating up on my .5 watts.

I always knew introducing technology into religion was a bad idea.  ;)

At least the church closest to us (end of the block) is too poor to afford such modern conveniences as a transmitter. 

If they ask, I'll recommend the Whole Room model.  Or better yet, give them the one I still have somewhere that I know for a fact won't even reach the street.

Edited by George Simmons

• The topic was locked