Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar maximum scene length?

pdowns

I have a 12 CCR tree and it works fine.  I'm trying to add some simple CCR tree "background" to songs that are programmed using traditional LOR controllers.

I create a sequence in Superstar with a single scene that runs the length of the audio file.  Say, all 12 CCRs in blue twinkling.

When I play LOR sequences that have this sequence as a subsequence, at some point in the song (scene?) the CCRs just stop working.  Should I need to break up a song in to multiple scenes?  Is there a limit to scene length?

There is no limitation in SuperStar for the length of a scene. It should turn the channels on for the length of the scene. When you look at the subsequence in the sequence editor are the channels on for the length of time you expect? If so it sounds like a bug in the sequence editor.

As you indicate, you could try turning them on for shorter lengths of time and splitting them up. This is the first report I have had for this problem, so I would just have to experiment with workarounds to see how to best fix it.

My workaround was to limit scenes to 15 seconds.  Then no matter what I was doing it stayed up.  I suspect this may be a firmware issue in the controllers.  In Jan. I will experiment with firmware upgrades and report back if that's the real fix.