Light-O-Rama Forums

fuse burns

movieman4

i am from the Netherlands , we use 230v here.

I have 2 transformers with an input of 230v and output 120v connected to the residential controller.

1 transformer is working fine but by the other one blows the 2 amp fuse....

i am from the Netherlands , we use 230v here.

I have 2 transformers with an input of 230v and output 120v connected to the residential controller.

1 transformer is working fine but by the other one blows the 2 amp fuse....

this is the converter:

http://www.omvormer-omvormers.nl/contents/nl/p215_LT_230110-200W_omvormer_230_volt_%E2%80%93_110_volt.html 

How many amps is your controller drawing from the transformer?  Perhaps your load on the transformer is too high.  Unplug lights from the controller and see if the fuse still blows.

Thanks Danny , i will look up to that , but the fuse burns when i connect the power cord of the controller to it.

no lights are on then....course no show is running.

Hi I'm in the UK where we also have 240 volt. I use 110 volt lights from the USA so I specify 110 volt controllers from LOR. However I use industrial transformers designed for workshops with 110 volt power tools. I'm guessing your transformer isn't man enough especially if it only has a 2 amp fuse. Do you have the yellow builder type transformers in Holland if so see if you can try one of them. You may get one from a tool hire shop. Hope this helps

Would also be interesting to hear which of the two power cords is causing for the fuse to be blown open. As you know, one cord is just applying power to the triacs. The other cord applies power to the transformer, electronics, and triacs.  BTW is this 2 amp fuse on the mains side of the step down transformer or on the load side?

its the power cord with the electronics.

fuse is at the 120vac side.

i found the problem , 1 of the 8 extention cords who lead to the controller had a shortcut in it.

i hope the controller will be ok......

going to fix that cord tomorrow.

thank you all fooks , i appriciates it a lot!

You might find that the Triac that had the shorted extension cord on it is now shorted and what ever plugged into that channel will always be on. If that is the case, then you will have to replace the triac.

Boy with only a 2 amp supply for 8 or is it 16 channels. You wont get many LEDs on that controller. Glad that you found the problem.