Light-O-Rama Forums

please help first year

dd92607

Here's my situation I have a 16 channel lor with mp3 director. I have the mp3 director and fm trans hooked up and then a Ethernet cable from the mp3 director to the lor. The music from the sequences is playing on radio but the lights aren't working at all. I have a solid red light on the lor and the Ethernet cable is connected to the middle port. Am I missing a step somewhere?

Sounds like the Unit ID isn't the same on the sequence and the controller. They both need to be the same for it to work. The fact that music is going means the hardware is working, but the Unit ID isn't the same between the sequence and the controller.

You will need to adjust one of them so they match.

Depends which model you have.  If there are two little dials on the board, you simply turn the dials to the address you want.  If there are no dials on the board, you use the hardware utility to assign the controller ID.  Another option would be to simply change the settings in your sequence to match the controller unit ID number.  If you click on each channel in your sequence, you will see a window open that lists the controller IDs.  Pick the one that matches your unit ID.  You will have to do this on each channel in your sequence.

Depends which model you have.  If there are two little dials on the board, you simply turn the dials to the address you want.  If there are no dials on the board, you use the hardware utility to assign the controller ID.  Another option would be to simply change the settings in your sequence to match the controller unit ID number.  If you click on each channel in your sequence, you will see a window open that lists the controller IDs.  Pick the one that matches your unit ID.  You will have to do this on each channel in your sequence.

where is the controller unit ID number?

The dials are currently set at 0 and 8 is that correct?

The dials are currently set at 0 and 8 is that correct?

Probably not. Often a sequence written for just one controller will use controller ID 01. I suggest you turn the 8 to a 1, power cycle, and try again.