Light-O-Rama Forums

GEN controller controlled by my software

CPIP TD

Hi everybody,

First time considering using these products, and just a quick question. I need to control 200 incandescent 60w light bulbs individually, but I do not want to use the LOR control software. I work at a commercial theatre, and we already have a lighting system that uses DMX-512 to control all our current dimmers and intelligent lighting. Since these bulbs need to be individually controlled, my plan was to use the Gen 3 control boards (7 of them in fact). How would I go about addressing these boards for DMX control from an outside source? Do they use dip switches, or is there a software application that stores the address on the control board?  I looked around the LOR site, and most of the DMX consists of adding DMX devices to the LOR control software, not the other way around.

Thanks

Troy

If memory serves, when you assign an address to a controller, you are also setting the DMX values that it will respond to. Thus if you program it for 01, then it would respond to DMX 01-16. Setting the controller for 02, would have it respond to 17-32. Check the DMX info in the appendix of the documentation.