Light-O-Rama Forums

Inflatables, am I doing it right?

oilmoney

I know alot of you hate inflatables, I'm not a huge fan either but had to try this out....unfortunately he doesn't hold up well in even moderate winds so he's either coming down or just going to be used during calm days...post-10818-0-33664900-1416891975_thumb.j

Looks good to me. If it stays up its good. I had 30+ inflatables before LOR. Now they get spread around the neighborhood. Last year was five or so. Many upset little kids when I took them out of display. I don't care for them, but the display isn't for me. Its for the kids primarily. Right? Inflatables are good when tastefully done. What's wrong with a display that anyone of any age can enjoy? Lil ones love them. Your pic makes me love central coast California. It was 82 today.

We've had a great winter so far, no snow on halloween for a change and it hasn't been too cold yet. Right now we're hovering around -20C

Still putting up lights in shorts and tshirt. Prolly in the mid 50's and its midnight.. Too cold here is a sweatshirt and pants. I like what you did with the inflatable BTW.

Nice looking display, with or without the inflatable.

Your driveway arches look real good and sturdy. What did you make them out of?

So what you need to be able to do is tie it off and secure it so it doesn't fall over. The difficultly is that ts a big inflatable and its on your roof. What you could do, and I don't know how hard it would be for your set up, is to build a support frame that will go over it and you can tie off on it.

It might be unsightly, but you can hang lights all over it to camouflage it.

or, you could tie it off to the left and right over the roofs to the ground. I would recommend 1/8" white cord or a 500 lb rope

/wish I had a better idea.

Edited by Dale W

So what you need to be able to do is tie it off and secure it so it doesn't fall over. The difficultly is that ts a big inflatable and its on your roof. What you could do, and I don't know how hard it would be for your set up, is to build a support frame that will go over it and you can tie off on it.

It might be unsightly, but you can hang lights all over it to camouflage it.

or, you could tie it off to the left and right over the roofs to the ground. I would recommend 1/8" white cord or a 500 lb rope

/wish I had a better idea.

agree, i would tie it down to the peak of the roof on the left and right with white nylon rope then lace lights around the ropes, maybe icicles lights, make it look like snow.

hope this helps 

Nice looking display, with or without the inflatable.

Your driveway arches look real good and sturdy. What did you make them out of?

The driveway arch looks like one of those portable carports without the canvas to me.

That's right, portable carport, waited until they were on sale then grabbed one. I have 12 channels per arch, r,g,b,w and when I strung the lights I left it so I can break it down into 3 pieces for easy setup and storage.

I've got the support ropes tied off the reindeer, I'm not going up on that roof, especially in the winter. I think he's just going to be a gametime decision before the show each night.

• The topic was locked