Light-O-Rama Forums

Coro(plast) and the elements....

RaZZlo

I was wondering how the Coro products (e.g. from HolidayCoro) hold up to the elements ? 

I have 4 coro singing trees which I was going to put in a protected area, but am now planning on putting on the roof.  assuming that they they are secure to the roof, what is the longevity of these products due to the rain, sun, etc.?  I live in Savannah Ga. and the weather can be 40 one day and 70 the next with full sun, or torrential thunderstorms... More concerned about water damage. 

Thanks. 

Coro holds up very well to the elements in my experience, the important part is to brace them properly in the back while building the props. I had a guitar playing Christmas tree made of coro on my roof last season and it worked great

The wood frames I made for my Holidaycoro singing trees are going to ware out before the Corrugated plastic will. they hold up very well.  :)  :)  :)

third year for my trees. the blue paint on the incans are wearing off. time to update to LED. I hang my trees aganist the house.

Thanks All for the info.  Now for the second part of my question.  What is the best way to mount them to a pitched roof, at the end of the roof where the gutterline is ? 
I have seen them mounted in pics but not any supporting structure.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated, pics would be great. I want to have a few holes as possible, but want them secure.  I have not been able to set them up due to the 4+ days of constant storms we have had here so I am behind the curve.  I am looking for a break tomorrow where I can get these up. 

Thanks. 

I just got mine up today. I Made 2x4" frames and then connected each frame together with lag bolts. then they have legs out the back that hold it steady with a slight tilt back. Almost like how a painters easel works. It's to dark to get pictures so I'll post some tomorrow. maybe even use my new GOPRO to get some video. 

Here is a quick video I shot this morning of how they are mounted on my roof. Note: this set up does not attach to the roof anywhere. I use sand bags on the back side to hold it down.

Nice frame BOR.  I had thought about sand bags, but did not want to lug them up... So I saw in the store the brackets that folks use to work on roofs.  Basically they nail under the shingles with a mount to lay a 2X6 on.  The angle was not right for the trees, so some cutting, welding and painting, ended up making a set of brackets which then put an "L" wood 2X4 frame bolted on to the brackets, and then bolted the 4 trees to them.  I'll get pics tomorrow.  worked out great, and no visible holes.  They are also very sturdy.  I did put a small pipe behine to hold them up.  The wife is happy.  Just glad the Coro is durable. Thanks again for the quick feedback. 

The back of my singing face I used canvas and stapled on the 2x4. Works great to hold the bulb in tight.

• The topic was locked