Light-O-Rama Forums

High Power 50W RGB Flood question

MrMr

New to the forum and working on my first xmas show. Quick question. I ordered the 50W high powered RGB flood but not sure how it will connect to my network. Does it use the power cable channels? Multiple of them for RGB? Any help would be appreciated so I can complete my planning. Getting the equipment end of week so the real work can start..... :)

Not providing much info on the lights, I'm assuming you'll have to hack them.

I've hacked plenty of the 10w RGB floods so I assume the 50 watts will be close to the same in the process. But the power will requirement will be higher.

New to the forum and working on my first xmas show. Quick question. I ordered the 50W high powered RGB flood but not sure how it will connect to my network. Does it use the power cable channels? Multiple of them for RGB? Any help would be appreciated so I can complete my planning. Getting the equipment end of week so the real work can start..... :)

The new 50 watt floods from LOR come with power supply and controller built in. You'll have 3 cables hanging from the flood. Two RJ45 and one power cord. RJ45's are just like any other RJ45 in the LOR system.

As for addressing, check the manual, it's very easy. You'll give the flood it's own UnitID, and use channels 1-5. See docs for info on that. It will connect to your LOR network just like any other controller.

And for those who missed it, here is the 50w flood from LOR.

The 10 watt floods are excellent for smaller things and up close. The color density dissipates quickly as you move the flood farther away, however.

That 50 watt hummer in Don's link is probably more than 5 times brighter.

Wonder what it will be when the sales roll around?

• 2 weeks later...

Actually one more question. Does anybody know how much Amps the 50W flood pulls? How many can you put on one circuit?

C

According to the data sheet it has a 60w power supply. 60w would be .5 amps (on the US power grid). 

I've gotten the higher powered floods from ray with XLR (DMX) connections that connect directly to AC or to transformer.

They work very nice and are very bright.. Altho I would have prefered 5 10 watt floods, as the color change effect is more smoother than with just 1 spotlight. Maybe this year...

Kip

Does anyone have the documentation for the flood lights?  I ordered 2 but the documentation was not included.  Trying to figure out how to hook these up.  Thanks.

Paul

Here you go.

• The topic was locked