Jump to content

Safe to leave controller plugged in?


asl9622
 Share

Recommended Posts

Leave em plugged in, most equipment of any type fails during startup or shutdown,  you should have your controller run through a GFCI as well for a little insurance...

Keep in mind that GFCI is made to protect people from shock, not necessarily to keep other maladies from happening. I have experience in overloading a circuit to the breaker trip current and the GFCI did not trip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Keep in mind that GFCI is made to protect people from shock, not necessarily to keep other maladies from happening. I have experience in overloading a circuit to the breaker trip current and the GFCI did not trip.

Absolutely correct.

Residential GFCI receptacles and breakers are both people protectors. They trip at a 5 milliamperes fault. Equipment protector GFCI breakers trip at 30 milliamperes. They are not used residentially.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine all stayed up till the end of the season. I also cover mine with black plastic bags to protect from rain, snow and ice when that happens. It also helps to hide them. Now here its cold in the winter, most of the time, so heat isn't an issue, but in a warm climate, a black bag over them would be a terrible idea due to excessive heat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have all mine on timers they kick on with the director every night at 6 and off at 930. Only thing I notice is that when power is activated the lights flash once then off then about three seconds later show starts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...