Light-O-Rama Forums

"All On" function without a show?

Muskrat42

I am currently trying to put up all of my lighting strands and set up my controllers, but I don't have my show quite ready yet.

My question is whether I can have all lights on (all plugs hot) on the controllers while I am putting up the lights?  It really helps to get the overall effect of the lights and allows me to get all the cords run to their controllers.  However, I'm not sure this is possible without creating a show.  

Again, any help is greatly appreciated!

Michael 

Using the sequence editor I create a short animation sequence where I activate the channels one after another, select Loop at End from the play menu and run that.

If you just want lights on static open hardware utility and turn on whatever you want. I do this at night for light while I'm working.

Yes you can go to sequence editor , go to console settings and turn on each controller by selecting each controller unit ID, then select all on. When you are finished go back to each controller and turn them off same way you selected them to turn on.

When you are finished go back to each controller and turn them off same way you selected them to turn on.

If you simply exit the hardware utility, all lights will turn off after the controllers stop seeing the heartbeat signal on the network. There is also a "Lights Off" button in the hardware utility that turns off all controllers at once.