Light-O-Rama Forums

Creating a clip board file outside of Superstar Sequencer

msteiner57

Is it possible to create a clipboard file for the Superstar Sequencer outside of Superstar and import it into the clipboard folder? 

If so, I am not having any luck doing it.

Thanks for any input

The clipboard files can only be created in superstar. Also, they are in a format that only superstar understands. In other words, it doesn't go onto the same clipboard that other programs use.

Thanks Brian, with all of the "tracing" programs out there I was hoping that I could use one to trace outlines and import into the clipboard.

Sorry, that would be a desirable feature but all you can save to the superstar clipboard is superstar effects. You can save them to file by clicking on the Edit menu and selecting "Load/Save Clipboard"

However, realize that superstar has its own internal clipboard, and it can only be used with that instance of Superstar, you can not copy/paste across different instances of superstar.

• 9 months later...

However, realize that superstar has its own internal clipboard, and it can only be used with that instance of Superstar, you can not copy/paste across different instances of superstar.

Not sure if relevant now, but... It would be nice to have 2 Superstar sequences open at the same time to do quick copy and paste like in the LOR sequence editor. I have found though that you can still copy and paste from one SS sequences into another. Just select and copy the effects from the sequence you want then close it. Open the other sequence and select the timing point you want and paste. You just have to pay attention to the timing when you paste. It is a little time consuming but a LOT LESS TIME than having to re-create the effects you are trying to work with. In my instance I purchased 2 sequences. A 12 CCR tree and a 4 CCR circle sequence. I am creating a 12 Circle display as a separate display element to go with the 12 CCR tree. I am incorporating portions of the 4 CCR sequence into the 12 CCR sequence. The effects by themselves switching from a 12 strip tree to 12 circles is very cool. But there are some parts of the song / sequence that do not look right on the circles. So I cut those portions out and incorporate sections of the 4 CCR circle sequence into those previous sections that I had cut out in the 12 CCR sequence. You can "select all" from one and paste into another but then you have sections that override / superimpose the other. I find it more work to cut out sections you don't want than to just past the sections you do want. Hope this helps any Newbie like me. Or am I doing it the Newbie way and just creating more work for myself. Anyone else have a better way...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE share your wisdom. Thanks.

sorry you have to go to all that work to copy/paste between sequences. What you are doing is as good as anything. The other way is to save the sequences as a clipboard file, but the other instance of superstar won't see it in his list unless you save a dummy file, and then his list gets updated.

I am currently working on having floating windows for the sequencing grid and the visualization. I hope to be done with that by the end of the week.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input Brian. Looking forward to updates when thay are available. BTW the sequences I was talking about are from you. Can't wait to get it up and running for Christmas so I can post a video.