Light-O-Rama Forums

Couple of questions

primvip

I have a couple of questions for those seasoned LOR users.

1. When connecting multiple bushes that are scattered a few feet apart to the same channel, how do you guys connecting them while cutting down on the amount of extension cords running through the yard? Right now, I would assume I need an extension cord to the other bush then another cord to the box. Is that how you are doing it or is there another trick?

2. Do you connector your LOR box to a surge protector then to the outlets?

thanks for any help

1. SPT1 cord with vampire plugs. Then can use multiple females wherever you need them.

2. I don't use surge protectors on LOR. Can't help you there.

I just buy power bars on sale with them built in, plug my cords into them and then seal them off with a garbage bag and electrical tape. The nice thing about using garbage bags is that you can reset the bars if tripped without opening the bags

I made a load center. I got a box and put two 20 amp gfi breakers in it then wired up 4 double outlets boxes. That gives me 16 outlets to plug onto. Put everything in a waterproof tool box. Then cut holes in the bottom of the tool box to run my cords through.

Ditto above comment about vampire sockets. Mind you this works great for LED. I causation you if using Icans. Just one long run of Spt wire to furtherest bush and with a socket there and more were you need them working your way back to the controller.

great, just ordered some wire and plugs. Will hopefully knock this out this week and get things turned on and good to go for my first year. This is turning out to be a very expensive startup hobby, but I love it so far. My thoughts are already turning to what I can do for next year. I would like to incorporate some singing faces some how.