Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR outside setup help

Paducks

I am new to this wonderful hobby and have looked everywhere to find an answer and have been unsuccessful. I have one CCR that I purchased and want to set it up on our basketball net but can't figure out how to keep the important components weatherproof AND it will be about 45 feet from showtime controller. I just have the ribbon, controller and power source. Are the Cate5 cables waterproof? I know I have to get an cable type enclosure but how do I get the cate cable to reach? Help! Thank you!!!

Allison

You only have to keep the controller protected.

The ribbons are weather proof.

and the weather shouldn't bother the CAT5 cables (make sure you are not moving them a lot if you live in a cold area)

I live in central Alberta Canada and it can get down to -40 C (LOL that is the same in F) and I have never had issues.

I put four controllers /power supplies per waterproof box, then daisy chain the ethernet thru the three for the 12 CCR tree. All power then goes to a separate box that has a two power strips in it. It worked last years season and is back in service this year. 

The 3 boxes of controllers, and 1 box of power strips sits under a wooden cover immediately below and behind the tree legs which is located next to a fence -

Yes - the Cat cable is ok, just protect the connection joint, and obviously the CCR Controller,  power supply/120v feed.  The CCR ribbon itself is happy in the rain...

Edited by htebault

In a pinch, (or if you're just cheap like me) a good quality gallon size zip lock bag, mounted with the opening down and cinched tightly around the controller and power supply will do nicely.

• The topic was locked