Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencer has a mind of its own

sirrob28

Ok, So far this has been the year of nothing but problems. The sequencer when playing a sequence wont stop after hitting the stop button, does not respond to any command. The only way to stop it is to close it. Meanwhile if I want to test a sequence I actually have to run it as a show. I thought downloading the new 3.12 version would help but still does the same thing. So then the next issue is I walked outside to get the mail and looked up and have 3 snowflakes flashing off the LOR box which is not even hooked up to the PC. This might be the first yr I just leave the lights on and call it a day.

you have a bad controller that is boning up your network. 

no, I can't be more specific as to what is specifically wrong with your controller, but I had a similar problem happen to me years ago and that was what I determined was the problem. 

I had a similar problem occur the year before last with lights misbehaving.. Turned out to be a bad cat5 cable.

The issue with the Sequence Editor being unresponsive is exactly the same as what happens if you don't have ALL your network adapters connected when trying to control lights.

Iwill try that but im not sure thats the problem but its worth a shot. Another thing that happened tonight was that I went to change a sequence in a song that I had already done. The sequence changed on the sequencer but...... when we went to play it, it played the old sequence even tho the new sequence was playing on the screen. Now if I create a new sequence and copy and paste the new sequence from that song into the new sequence it works just fine. Go figure that one out,lol Ghost in the machine.

Once the Show Player loads the sequences for a given show, it doesn't re-load them again during the show. If you make modifications to a sequence currently in an active show, you have to stop and restart the show. That forces the show player to reload each one. Do that and you'll see the changes.

Creating a new sequence creates a new sequence. It has nothing to do with any existing sequence. The software doesn't care where the data you paste in comes from.

I know what you are saying but I took it one step futher, I actually deleted the sequence then added the updated sequence and for some reason the sequence, even tho it is updated on the sequencer would play the old version. I guess I have been lucky in that I have been doing this for 4 yrs with no major issues but this year its making a statement,lol