Light-O-Rama Forums

FM Xmitter issue

rmturner54

I have been using a Ramsey 25B for 4 years w/o any issues, just plug and play every year. Until this year. Plugged it in and the background rumbling is so horrible you have a hard time hearing the music. Nothing has changed from year to year. Xmitter in same location, same input cables, same audio source. The audio from my laptop is crystal clear, plays and sounds really good thru a boombox. I tried a different audio cable, re-adjusted the settings on the board per instructions, even moved the location a bit(cable lengths limit this). No help. Tried different freq's after going to the locator site. This was last night, this morning i tinkered a bit more and it was better but not how it used to sound, so i thought it was sorta fixed. I xmit to a boombox that plays the music across the yard, we get a fair amount of foot traffic.

So I come home this evening after a night out and tune to my favorite station......yuck!!! is all I can say. Anyone have any ideas?

BTW I also sent Ramsey tech support a e-mail.

Edited by rmturner54

Probably a dried out capacitor on the board. If it was me, either a dvm in my hand and start checking it, or, since its so late and ready to start, I'd be ordering another transmitter and putting a rush on it, then worry about fixing the one.

Lots of people are talking about one CZ5 something or other on amazon, being very good. Personally I use and EDM-RDS but it takes a couple of weeks to get and its more expensive...works nice though.

Thanks guys. I hhave been looking at both. About the same price. Very similar. Right now just need something that works w a clear signal

Ordered the 0.5 W FAIL-SAFE LONG RANGE FM TRANSMITTER- CZH-05B http://www.pcworld.c...21651859/detail

on Friday, shocked it was on my door step Sunday when I got home from my trip.  Unpacked it, plugged it in, dialed in the freq......wow!!!! crystal clear.  Not too bad for $60.

So my next step later on is to re-solder all the connections on the 25B. I bought it pre-assembled. Worst case senerio Ramsey charges a flat rate of $25 for repair.

• The topic was locked