Last minute 'tune to' sign

jrock_at_rons

My sign is 1 ft. by 4 ft.  It has 3 inch high letters that are about 1 inch thick.  It can be easily read about 35' from the road.  I use a 40watt light bulb with a bullet type shroud to illuminate it.  I'm not sure how that compares to c9 bulbs.

I have a 24 by 18 printed sign with 2 AC LED  floods from Home Depot. Bought them two years ago but I'm sure they probably have something similar now.

Plug them into an unused channel and make a background sequence to run them continuously when the show is running.

They don't dim well but I don't need them to.

For $100 on Amazon I found a 2ft red LED scrolling sign. Just set it in a window, program it with the PC and works great. Can be read from across the street.

ChristmasLightShow.com has a "Tune to" kit for $25. Look under FM Transmitters heading. The kit fits in a standard real estate sign frame (not included but can be found at Home Depot). Add your lights and stick in the ground. I made a wood frame to mount the real estate frame to and hang the sign on the side of the house.

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old topic, but I did create my own sign out of an old piece of ldf I had laying in the basement.  I had to use a timer to get it to work with the show (ran out of channels), but it got me through the season.  I also bought a sign from Holiday Coro but it didn't get here in time to start the show the weekend after Thanksgiving.

• Like 1