Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR controller dies when network cable is hooked up.

rainman

I have added in CCR's to my show this year. I tested them before I took them out of the box.  I put them out and when I go to hook up the last controller on the network it works fine until I plug in the network cable from controller 5 to 6.  Then the CCR controller for #6 dies. No red led's to show network status. NOTHING...... Any ideas?  I have tested the network cable and its good. I just cant figure out what is happening. I want to get this figured out before I hook up the last one I have left.

I had a situation last night with a controller that was somewhat the same. When the connection from USB to controller was there, it was fine. Hooked up a second cable (to another controller) and it started blinking. You say you've checked your cables ... but that's how I fixed it last night. Asked the guy to terminate the cable again, and it worked. 

The Cat5 cable you used, is it s patch cable or a crossover cable. They are different yet look the same from the outside. Did you do the individual addressing one at a time with the hardware utility?

Had a network cable problem this year too; thought it was the controller.  Talked with support and they told me that it is possible for the cable to be bad even if it tests good.  They had me replace the cable, even though it did test good.  Sure enough, the problem was with the cat5e cable.  If you have an extra cat5e, I would change it out just to eliminate that as a possibility.

• The topic was locked