Light-O-Rama Forums

Problems with SS sequence

don731

Completely baffled on this:

I created a few morphs on a .wmv video (with audio) file in Superstar.  I configured the unit numbers, etc. correctly.  Saved the file, and exported it to the regular sequence editor.  When I load the exported file into the sequence editor, nothing happens with the CCR (just one CCR on the network).  The video portion of the wmv plays normally, as does the audio.  I can see my morphs pass by as the timeline moves, but the CCR remains dark.

If I delete the sequence, and just add the CCR to a blank sequence (with the same media file), and click on all channels, the CCR lights up fine.

Am I missing a step somewhere?

I haven't gotten to the point of entering the CCR sequence into a main sequence as a sub (what I usually do). 

Thanks!

Just a wild shot in the dark, but do you have "Play/Control Lights" checked on the sequencer?

Edited by bob_moody

I just tried the same thing. I added some effects, opened a .wmv file as an audio file in superstar, exported to the sequence editor, then played the file to the visualizer. The effects showed up. I could not duplicate a problem.

I did not actually play the sequence to CCRs, but if it plays to the visualizer it should play to the actual CCRs.

Are your running v3.11.2 ?

I will check the play/control lights function.

Kind of hung up on the SS configuration...if I add another CCR on my network, do I need to go back and change the configuration that I used last year, when I only had one CCR, and redo those SS sequences, export them again, etc, etc?  If I want to program a morph to just one of my two CCRs, I still need to show both of them in the SS editor, correct?  

One of the problems might be that I hook up just one CCR to a dummy network (no other controllers....my normal network is two 16 channel controllers, and two CCRs), and play the exported sequence to see what it looks like on the CCR.  So maybe the configuration set in the SS editor doesn't recognize the CCR, since it's the only controller on the net.  I don't change the controller number....

Thanks for the advice so far...I was also hung up on using the wmv file (with video) as a possible cause of the problem. 

I am running the latest version of the software.

If the unit ID to a CCR has not changed, and the configuration in SuperStar still has the same unit ID for that CCR, you can export only that CCR and it will play. In other words, when you play a sequence from the sequence editor you can have other controllers on a network that are not in the sequence and the controllers that are in the sequence will still see the commands coming to them.

The other issue you might be dealing with is that when you add a CCR in SuperStar then the sequencing grid changes. The sequencing grid is the grid of green squares.

Also realize that superstar has CCR mode and Visualization mode. If you are not using an imported visualization then you are in CCR mode and the unit IDs are determined by what is set in the Configuration dialog box. If you are using and imported visualization then you are in visualization mode and unit ID information is obtained from the visualization.

Are you in CCR mode? If so, how many rows do you see in the green sequencing grid? What unit ID do you have set as your first CCR controller in the Configuration dialog box?

Success!  The Play/Control Lights needed to be checked.  I also went back and edited the Superstar sequence, making sure I had the correct config.  

One more question:  I have two CCRs.  I want them to do two different things at the same time (same audio track).  One of them has several morphs on it, and I want to either do an instant sequence (for part of the song), or a scene (for part of the song) on the second CCR.  It would seem that if the morphs and scene/instant overlap, then you are forced to clear the morphs off the second CCR, even though I have only the first CCR selected in the TCM one bucket, and the second one at the bottom, not selected to a TCM.

Would it be better to just do a second sequence, export it, and run both of them as sub-sequences in the main sequence?  Or will that not work?  

Thanks again!

When doing Instant Sequence on the entire sequence it clears everything, but when doing it on a selection it should not clear the ribbons that have "None" selected in the section labels "Ribbon Assignments to TCM (Theme/Color/Movement)"

The other option is to do instant sequence on the selection first, and then add your custom effects afterwards. You can also modify or delete some of the instant sequence effects.

Thanks Brian!  I did get it to play properly in the SS sequencer, but when I exported it, both the instant sequence, and the previously created morphs did not come out right.  One of the morphs was totally gone, and the instant sequence played for a period of the song other than what was selected when it was created.  Will try again tomorrow.