Light-O-Rama Forums

CCP Tree ?

DCHMRT

Quick question for everyone....

I bought the Wowlights CCP Mega Tree and I have mounted it to a 20' flagpole... I went to set it up today and it seems like the strings are too far apart ( both by looks and it terms of hooking up to the controller). What is the recommended distance between strings? It is a 16 CCP string Mega Tree. I appreciate all the help!

If you are doing duel mode and it is 360 degree, they go from left to right. For the controller up to the top and then back down to the ground to the right. that would give you 32 strands of lights, but it would mean only about a 12' tree. If you are using single stand full length, you may have to go with a 180 tree, but the strands are only about 16 feet long. This is assuming they the same CCP that LOR sales.

Thanks Guys! It is CCPs from LOR. The instructions from Wowlights are kinda vague but it is suppose to be a 360* tree 20' tall using 16 strands... Is this going to look right?

Each stand is 5 meters long (about 16'-6") I can't see how you'll get twenty feet from each strand. With 16 strands I think it would look pretty sparse. That's just my option. At a 10' base each strand would be about 2' apart, I believe. 

A 360 degree tree that uses 16 full CCP strings (8 CCPs with 2 x 50 pixel strings) will have about 6.82 ft between strings at the bottom if I did my math right.  That's a big space between strings if you are wanting to do pictures and drawings in your sequences on the tree so the resolution to do that would be really poor.  If you are just wanting to replace an old style megatree, the brightness of the LEDs will offset the spacing to a good degree in my opinion.   

Math:

radius of tree = squ root((26.5 ft string length)^2 - (20.0 ft mast height)^2)) = 17.39 ft

C (circumference of megatree at the ground) = 2 * pi * R (radius of tree) = 2 * 3.1415 * 17.39 ft = 109.26 ft

Space between strings at base = C / 16 strings = 109.26/16 = 6.82 ft

If you went with a 180 degree tree it would likely look better but then all the sequences wouldn't look right that came with your package.  What I did my first year with CCPs was going with a 180 tree by doubling up on the tree topper tines on the front to decrease the separation and left the back ones empty.  Since I didn't buy any sequences I was going to have to sequence them either way.

• The topic was locked