Light-O-Rama Forums

trouble reaching christmaslightshow.com ?!?!?!

lowepg

Was having trouble reaching these guys....

Anyone have experience with their 20' megatree kits?

I need to alter mine to use 21' light length (homedepot/lowes mini strings)..

Their design calls for 25' lengths... wondering if anyone has cut their down a bit to accomodate?

Edited by lowepg

I spoke with Darryl on the phone just yesterday.

As far as your question, I built one last year. I had the 1" kit as opposed to the 3/4" kit. Worked just fine.

I do believe I cut about 6" off of mine last year. Just make sure you do the math. The PVC is not expensive but I hate to cut stuff short. Make sure of the measurements. The easiest way is to shrink the rings. 

Darryl is a great guy that I have met and talked to several times.  There is nothing to worry about.  The issue is probably that this is the busy season and he and his staff are a bit overwhelmed (like the rest of us).  

Agree with DevMike. Daryl just expedited an order for me on SPT wire just last week and I too had trouble getting in touch with him but that is just because he is at the absolute pinnacle of his busy season.

I have the 20 foot Mega tree from him and yes, you can alter it. The hook head travels up and down and does not care if the pole is 20 feet or 21 feet or 25 feet. It is just using more/less of the cable that carries the hook head up and down.

I have the 20 foot Mega tree from him and yes, you can alter it. The hook head travels up and down and does not care if the pole is 20 feet or 21 feet or 25 feet. It is just using more/less of the cable that carries the hook head up and down.

Yes, I know I can just not raise the head all the way, but then there's a gap to the star.

So , I was thinking instead of cutting the top pole by a couple feet. I think that will get the strings to the base, then under to the center, but not long enough for the "trunk".

I'd have to cut the height to 17', then reduce the diameter to 8.5' to be able to stretch the 21' strings all the way to the trunk, then ground....

gotta love the new shorter strings.....had to lower the height, dont have star so not really big deal. but now i have 3 different lengths!!! what a pain. using a 20' kit from CLS...no issues lowering

• The topic was locked