Light-O-Rama Forums

Convert RGB to WB

DocBrown86

I am rebuilding many of my old incandescent props. This year one thing I am doing is removing all the old fashioned white bulbs from my mini trees, and replacing them with a strand of white LEDs, and a strand of blue LEDs.

Each color will have its own channel, and each tree (14 of them) will have both colors. 28 channels for the trees.

What I'm hoping to accomplish is a custom RGB channel group, so when I turn on white at 20%, and blue at 75%, the black bar above will show the blended color as it would output in real life (I know they wont blend perfectly as they are strands and not strips, but they will blend somewhat). I tried removing the "G" channel, no go. It really wants to keep all 3. Also tried just changing the R and B to the desired color, works on its own line, but still uses red and green up on the blend line.

Am I missing something, or is this just not possible currently?

I know there are people out there that have multiple trees that go 4 or more colors each. What's the best way to go about this, to keep it easy to follow while programming? Is the only option to put 14 White channels followed by 14 Blue channels?

Keeping it easy is a matter of opinion, you could use tracks, groups, sisters, to make different combinations for ease of programming in different configurations.

Steve