Light-O-Rama Forums

speakers and fm transmiter

aesl1982

was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on an outdoor speaker I can purchase that will work with my fm transmitter..... my transmitter is the one that comes with the showtime central package. most the speakers ive seen on wow lights and lor websites are ones that need wiring and such.

You don't connect speakers to the transmitter. You connect them to whatev er type of radio you might be using to receive the FM broadcast your Whole Room Transmitter may send.

ohhhh, so I don't run the aux cables that are Y'd off to the speakers I run them to a radio?  without speakers  the fm transmitter is self sufficient correct, just put it on a station and it transmits signal.  so if I wanted to use  speakers I would need something in addition to the fm transmitter?

I use one of these and it works great.  There are cheaper ones out there though.   http://www.amazon.com/ION-Tailgater-Bluetooth-Portable-Auxiliary/dp/B007ROT8HI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416260173&sr=8-1&keywords=ion+speaker&pebp=1416260208964

I only use the speaker on the weekends.  During the week is just the transmitter.

I put it in a bush in the front yard and no one can see it.

Edited by 75redman

something like that I wouldn't need anything more except to tune this speaker into the same channel as the fm transmitter? no other plugs to deal with except power cord

Edited by aesl1982

You don't just "put it on a station".

You first have to find an available frequency where there is no other radio station transmitting in your area.

Edited by George Simmons

yah ive found that in my area it is going to be 95.5. and then the mini director connects to the fm transmitter to supply the audio?

something like that I wouldn't need anything more except to tune this speaker into the same channel as the fm transmitter? no other plugs to deal with except power cord

Yes.  Once you have determined your station and everything is set up you just tune any radio within the broadcasting distance and it will be heard on that radio.

The battery on this speaker will last about 50hrs before needing a charge.

Yes.  Once you have determined your station and everything is set up you just tune any radio within the broadcasting distance and it will be heard on that radio.

The battery on this speaker will last about 50hrs before needing a charge.

thanks a ton