Light-O-Rama Forums

Lots of problems with 1602 series controllers.

tonybiviano

I make a show using Simple Show builder and it says the process was successful. But when I put my SD card into the 1602Wg3 unit I get an error that says there is no show on the card. What do I do??

What type of SD card are you using? (Brand/Model, etc.)

What firmware is loaded on the director? To find out, connect only the director, look at the MP3 tab of the Hardware Utility and see.

Please give me more detailed instructions regarding what I need to do to check firmware. This is my first year. My Halloween show worked fine

Open the Hardware Utility.

Connect the MP3 director to your USB485 device.

Now click on the MP3 tab and look in the lower right portion of the screen.

I don't have any of those. All I have are my two boxes. I make my show, put it on the same SD card as I did my Halloween show, then stick the card in and my show used to start right up. Now my 01 unit will work but my 02 unit will not. I am so frustrated with Thanksgiving being a week from Thursday!!

post-14076-0-63834900-1416357745_thumb.j

I have a PRO Series LOR1602Wg3-MP3 connected to a PRO Series Addon LOR1602Wg3, so 32 channels. My halloween show worked wonderfully. But now I am having problems with my Christmas show. I use Simple Show Builder to create a show, and it says it completed successfully. I put the SD card into the slot of my LOR1602Wg3-MP3 and the show starts up. Channels 1-16 work on my main unit, but the channels will not work on my Addon unit. I haven't changed anything from my Halloween show to my Christmas show. All of the channels are assigned correctly, at least I'm pretty sure! The red light blinks on my addon unit until I plug in the cord. Then it stays solid red. That's good, right?

Do I need to format my SD card?

Do the units not work right in low temperatures?

Do I need to update any software? If so, how do I do that?

Who can I call for help in this matter?

I am so stressed because Thanksgiving is a week from Thursday!! Help!!

Sorry Forum Administrator. My problem changed. I tried to delete the first thread because I fixed the problem of my unit not reading the show. My unit now reads my show, but my addon unit isn't working. Didn't mean to cause problems, I just need help with a new problem is all. But whatever please help

Threads merged. We don't need cross posts going on. Very hard to find information that way.

Well at least please change the title/topic to my current problem since it is no longer that the Wg3-MP3 won't read my card. It will now. Please change it to "Addon unit not working" or something like that.

10:1 odds something on the second controller is causing it not to be read as #2 anymore.

Unplug. Turn dials to 00. Plug in. Stare a blinky light a second or 3. Unplug. Change to 02. Plug in. Test again.

Frustrating? Sure. Plenty of time to resolve the problem? Yep.

Relax. It's only Christmas lights. :)

Awesome. Feel free to help answer some of my questions

Tony,

Sorry to hear of your problem.  You just need to calm down a bit. There are a lot of great people here that will help resolve the issue.

You said have a solid red light on the add on controller so that tells us it's ready. 

Have you tried a different SD card?

or try putting in the Halloween card again and if lights working still.

Check the unit IDs and channel configs between your Halloween sequences and the X-Mas ones and see if they are the same.

Reset your #2 controller as Don stated.

I would also get the adapter Don suggested so you can get into your controllers via PC and test. Makes troubleshooting much easier.

Thanks so much Don, CLD Kevin, and gmacw for being so helpful in this issue! After resetting controller 2, my show is working!! THANK YOU to you three!

LORAdmin I thought a lot about what you said, and it still bothers me. You work for LOR but offered zero help. I look to LOR for help and expertise. Yes, it is only Christmas lights, but I spent over $600 on my PRO Series LOR1602Wg3-MP3, over $350 on my addon unit, and I forget how much on the S3 software but around $100. I've invested over $1,000 in your company, (and thousands in lights) and when I fear that my hardware and software isn't working correctly, I don't want to be told to relax because it's only Christmas lights. I would prefer to be helped. That being said, thanks to the helpful members of this forum, my show is up and running.

Again, thank you so much, those who helped!

Tony,

I think LORAdmin was only trying to calm you done a bit so you could get the answers you needed without alienating those trying to help you.  I personally think he was right on money, but that's just me.  

I have been in real time crunch situations involving way more $$ and this one of yours was not even close.. so take a deep breath.... and remember.. it is only Christmas lights.. you have lots of time for minor issues.. stay positive and keep moving forward. 

• Like 1