Light-O-Rama Forums

Inflatables during the show

tomsocal2000

I have about 8 large inflatables that are part of my show.  In thinking through my show, I am going to have about 45 minutes of songs. During the shows, I was going to have my inflatables go off during the show.  Then, while on intermission, all lights and all inflatables will be on.

I was going to reserve 4 channels to spread out the inflatables but I need the channels for the show.  So I am trying to think of an economical way to turn a light outlet on and off at scheduled time with no light o rama equpment.  I was thinking of using two Belkin Wemo light switches for $50 each and have them scheduled to go off at show times.  Then plug all inflatables into the two outlets which should have enough amp capacity.

$100 is ok of a price, but I was wondering if anyone knows of better ways to do this.  Thanks everyone.

For halloween i put some of my inflatables on a holiday time digital timer it worked great i got it on clearance at walmart last year for like $5 (reg price $15) i wish i would have bought more because i dont see them this year.

Funny thing. I JUST got done hacking some inflatables for my display.

Inflatables:

• 2 weeks later...

How do you hack inflatables?

Remove the lights that came in them and add your own so you can have it inflated all the time but but only light up when the sequence tells it to.

don't need to add new lights.  Just cut the wire for the lights where it comes out of the blower, add a vampire plug to in and then run it to an LOR dongle. 

• Like 1

my santa hot air balloon i put spot light on him because his lighting stunk... that spotlight is on a channel... one of my other snowman i cut the cord and put a vampire on it, voila, works perfect.. 

don't need to add new lights.  Just cut the wire for the lights where it comes out of the blower, add a vampire plug to in and then run it to an LOR dongle. 

I never knew "vampire plugs" existed--thanks for this!

vern

Home depot has 2 vampire plugs for 1.38 here.  Lowes (here) does not carry them in store stock.  Works perfectly with lamp cord (SPT-1).