Light-O-Rama Forums

X-10 not working in LOR I v1.6

gjkoenig

Help!

Currently, I am running LOR on an old PII 333MHz with 2 serial ports that used in previous years but recently had to reformat the drive and reload the software. When I open the Hardware Utility, I can easily set the LOR Port to Comm 1, and on refreshing, all of the controllers are found and work during the show. When I select the X-10 tab, no port is selected in the window. When Comm 2 is selected, I select YES to answer the pop up question "do you want to use Comm 2 for shows?". After this, any X-10 channel can be controlled using the utility. When I close the Hardware Utility and enable shows, the X-10 does not work at all while the LOR controllers work fine.

If I go back into the Hardware Utility and look under the X-10 tab, the Comm port windows is blank. Repeating the process yields the same results. It seems that the software is not saving the X-10 Comm port information. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am running shows while manually turning on the static portion of the display with a remote control, while 2 other X-10 channels used during the sequences are not being used.

Glenn

http://www.koenigchristmas.com

Go into the sequence editor: Click Edit->Preferences->Network Preferences... Set the LOR and X10 ports correctly and set the Dasher Port to "NONE"

Dan