Light-O-Rama Forums

What am I doing wrong?

A10LM

Hi Folks,  :-)

I posted my show a couple of times and I did not get any comments, are my shows that bad or what am I doing wrong?

Well, here are my latest uploads.  Please give me some feedback, the good, the bad, and the ugly.  Any comment is a good comment, it's all good.  ;-)

This years Ghostbusters:

Compared with last years Ghostbusters:

Also, I just uploaded the commentary from my "Some Body That I Used To Know" without the light show and without my voice.  So if you want to see what the video is really about, please check it out.

Thanks,  :-)

Tony.

Hi Tony  

This site is all things blinky.  But seems to be mostly Christmas.  There a lot of people who see and do not post so I hope it doesnt bother you too much.   I like your RGB mouth and the figures with the arms and legs swaying.  Pretty cool.   A HUGE upgrade from last year!   

Bob-O

• Like 2

I agree with bob

I posted my Halloween show and got like 2 replies. But then I remembered how many (seems countless) videos of people's displays i have viewed and never commented even the ones I really really liked. So no comment doesn't equal dislike.

Great job with the lights.

• Like 2

Thanks to both of you for replying!  :-)

Well, I guess I am a little guilty of not commenting myself.  I was just about to comment that there wasn't even a LIKE button on this site, but then I just found it on the far right of the screen.  I may not be commenting much, but I think I am Subscribed to a dozen or more YouTube channels of people who post here.

The swaying arms and legs were designed to dance to the "Twinkle Twinkle" of "Somebody That I Used To Know".  I just thought that it also sounded kinda like the bones of a skeleton.  It was good I could include it in some of the other shows as well.  :-)

Last year I started with only a 16 channel controller that I ordered near the beginning of October, and I hand sequenced 2 songs with lip-syncing from scratch for Halloween!  Boy that was a lot of work, and I can't believe I did it in time, but I was happy with the results.  I ended up cheating when I saw Creative Lighting Displays "Thriller" and purchased the sequence, but still had to adapt it to my little tiny 16 channel display.  This year I have Cosmic Color Bulbs, Pixels, and a Ribbon as well as 32 channels and some dumb ribbon lights.

We are technically not allowed to put anything on the lawn in our building complex, that is why everything is in the windows.

Anyway, thanks again for replying, and I am glad you liked the show!  :-)

-Tony.

don't take offense to the lack of comments, some folks get rave reviews while others don't.  I have seen a lot of really good shows on here but don't always comment on them, doesn't mean you have done anything wrong.  The majority of the post on here are more "how to" then anything else.  When I have an idea and want to know if it can be done, has someone done this before, etc. then this is my go to place.  based on your space limitations you have done a great job.

• Like 1