Light-O-Rama Forums

RS 485-HS question

ajfelice

I am sure this has been asked before but I cant seem to find the answer. I ran a 12 ribbon CR tree last year.on one RS 485-HS.  I am adding a 8 ccp tree and  and 2 additional CCR's for arches. So that is 22 cosmic color devices. 

Can I run that one my one RS 485-HS  on one network or do I need to buy another RS 485-HS and run the new Cosmic olor stuff on a separate network?

If it were my home display, I'd say it would probably work, but would be cutting it close.

If it were a display for a customer, I'd split into two networks.

Is there a difference in the RS 485 HS driver and the standard RS 485 driver. I never changed the driver for the high speed adapters.

Is there a difference in the RS 485 HS driver and the standard RS 485 driver. I never changed the driver for the high speed adapters.

When I was testing 500k for the first time, I didn't update any drivers, so I wouldn't consider it something that is required.

I purchased a RS 485 HS to extend my network. When attempting to update my driver from the enclosed CD, Windows reported that the driver on the new CD was the same as the former one already installed for my standard RS 485.

• The topic was locked