Light-O-Rama Forums

Lighting

aesl1982

Omg net lights suck. Do yall use them or just wrap bushes with regular lights. I just spent half hour untangling new net lights to be disappointed with the coverage

I use them on my small round bushes and a cascading looking shrub. Yes they can be a real pain when first unwrapping them. But I feel they have there uses. But alway use more than you would think. If wrapped carefully at the end of season it will be a snap next year no prob.

I've stopped using them for that very reason.  That plus I never liked the way they look.  It takes so long to get them looking like they're NOT net lights that I finally realized it was quicker and better to just use ordinary minis.  The only thing that helped me avoid the tangling some was to lay the set of lights flat on the ground.  Then gather them up in the middle and apply twist tie.  Go to each end and do the same.  Then lay them flat in a box with no folds. (I used a Tupperware-type gift wrap container.)  

All in all, I found it easier to just say screw it, and give the lights away.

Edited by George Simmons

Yeah, I lay mine flat and fold them up too...seems to help. Now what I can't do or not willing to do, troubleshoot one when there's a failed LED. The net becomes spare lamps...go buy a new one or not use a net style.

I have a few sets of net lights this year and I hate them. They jus don't seem to cover enough. Feel like I need 3 times what I would use in just a regular light strand. Only bought them because I got them so cheap after the season last year. Felt I had to buy them for a dollar or 2.

I have them in 4 different colors across the front of my deck. did good there, but for other things, I will prolly go RGB. :)