Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing help/hire

aesl1982

I know it's the busy season but thought I would ask my work schedule has gotten crazy I've tried to modify sequences but still takes a ton of time. I'm looking for someone to hire possibly to create me a 20-25 minute show 5 songs plus and intro I have the songs send me a pm with what you would charge me. I also have the Chanel line up and visualizer set up. Would need it done by thanksgiving.

I guess the channel count of 48 would be good info to know. No mega trees or arches. This year just two firesticks, bushes windows doors, roofline, 2 stars 2 snowflakes, 4 mini trees and 4 deer. I could include the sequences I've collected as well maybe someone could modify them instead of creating custom from scratch

Most of us are extremely busy this time of year, I wish you the best in finding someone.

Is your display set up yet? I'd say your best bet at this point is find some 48ch sequences, open one up in your sequence editor, create a new musical sequence for the same song and copy and paste each individual effect one row at a time onto your new sequence. Watch the sequence that someone has shared with you and you will see what you can easily transfer over from the borrowed to your sequence. The original sequence has stars flashing to the beat? Great! Then chances are that will look good on your sequence as well, go on the borrowed sequence and copy the rows with the stars from the start of the sequence right to the very end of it. Then paste it on your original sequence. The original sequence has 4 of  the same props doing something? Good! Copy and Paste it on your mini trees and see how it works/looks.

Half the battle is getting the timings right, if you've gotten a sequence with the right timings then the hard part has been done for you. It's just copy and paste for the rest of it for the most part. You should be able to make something that looks like a show without too much trouble.

Judging by how long you've been on the forums this is you're first year, don't try to do too much in year one, year one is about learning the technology and how it works, just focus on making the lights go blinky blinky and you'll be amazed how easy it is in year 2. I really can't talk on this one, my first year ended up with 64 LOR channels, some RGB strings and floods and a 12CCR megatree! This year I've jumped up from 8 floods to 24 and 208 LOR channels and the transition was easier than I ever imagined it would be!

My display is up and everything has been tested and is working, the majority of sequencing is done so I might be able to help talk you through the above process if it helps get you a show. PM me if you want and I'll try and help you if I can...

Dev I have bought a couple and took me almost a week to modify and that was just an intro lol. I don't mind the time. But I also bowl professionally and my full time job we are closing out a 500 million dollar job right now it just got super busy super fast I'll be in Tulsa next weekend for a few days bowling. I have found a super nice gentleman on the boards gonna help me out this year hopefully we can work together more in the future as well as this is something i wanna consume myself in and learn and become good at it like most of you all.