Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR RGB ribbon Problems

indi

Here's what I got. I have the LOR 8 pack rgb ribbon kit. I framed my windows and door using these ribbons. Windows are working fine, but the door frame only lights up the first 3 feet at the cable connection. The question I have, do you think there is a bad section in the ribbon. I will be looking at this frame this week end. I was able to use the full strip and didn't do any splicing or anything to the strip for this frame. I do have soon left over sections from the other frames that I could splice a new section where it has stopped working. Or could there be something else wrong.

Thanks for any suggestions and advise.

Hello indi,

I am extremely new to all of this. I would be leaning towards there being a break somewhere too. The only other thing I would be wondering is there is a power supply issue but I think you would see the light getting dimmer as they go down the strip before they are totally off. Is it possible that the lights on your door are dimmer then the others? Is it your longest run from your controller? Did you use different extension cable?

• The topic was locked