Light-O-Rama Forums

Second year set-up... I'm looking for sequenced Christmas music

wesmcq6

This will be my second year with my 16 channel LOR. Last year, my son-in-law (who has 2 - 4 LOR controllers) goes all out, provided me with 5 Christmas sequences. I am NOT computer savvy nor am I musically inclined (not to mention I can not type very fast). 

I am hoping to find some pre-sequenced Christmas songs with will not cost an arm & a leg, as money is an issue, being disabled & unable to work from a construction accident.

I currently have "Little Saint Nick - Beach Boys"; "TSO - Wizards in Winter"; TSO - Christmas Eve"; "Randy Travis - Jingle Bell Rock"; "Jose Feliciano - Feliz Navidad"; & "All I want for Christmas".

I have tried to adjust these for my lay-out, but all I did was mess them up.

Does anyone wish to help me out for a new and better show this year?

Thank you so very much, in advance.

Wes McKusick     "mcharles18@austin.rr.com"

I would certainly recommend watching the tutorials for Visualizer as it is your friend.

The hardest part can be customizing songs and channels to your particular display. What works for me may not work for you. I may have far more channels than you or enjoy different elements.

What you can do is open up one of the sequences he has provided then start a new sequence in Sequence Editor using the same audio file. Import your basic channel setup into it then simply copy and paste from what he has done to your display. I.E. if he is showing a drum beat on a tree you may want to use that on your icicle lights. In my first couple years I had 16 channels of which 9 were for trees, 5 were for icicle lights, one for bay window wreath lights and the remaining channel was for lights on the flower bed. I used sequences others had done and customized them to that display, often re-arranging what they sent or making something a different effect. I'm thankful to all of them who provided that foundation for me to use.

Even if you purchase pre-sequenced songs you may have to tweak them to your display. Just have fun with it and do what looks good to you.