Light-O-Rama Forums

Draw startop

Gilles

I removed the globe in the 24x25Tree_8rowGlobe sample and want to replace it with a star of 100 bulbs. How do I do this is Visualizer

The CCP tree visualization assigns locations to each of the pixels in the globe to get them placed properly on the green sequencing grid. Look at the visualization for the globe and you will see location coordinates in the comment field. You would need to do the same for the pixels in your star.

First you need to draw the 100 pixels in the star pattern that you want. Then you need to decide how you want to map them to the green sequencing grid. After you get that far, if you need help assigning the location coordinates let me know.

Brian: I am thinking to export two stars with 50 and 40 bulbs and draw a 10-bulb star. Then export all them to make my own superstar. Can it be done this way or I have to draw it manually. This superstar has 1 controller. Thanks.

Yes you have to draw it manually since it is your own new creation. Maybe I'm not understanding your question.

Gilles

If you are making an exploding star with incans or LEDs, and like 3 or 4 channels then yes. I just did this the other day.

I imported symbols from file, found a star I liked, copied it 4 times, changed the size of each to fit inside each other.

I then deleted the globe prop and created a new star prop.

Not sure if this is what you were after or not.

Brian and saxon:  I was looking at SuperStar_ControllersBottomLeft sample in Visualizer, found stars 4 and 5 have the number of points I have on my actual stars.  I export those to Fixtures folder and import them onto my tree in Visualizer.  However, I just notice now that Type of those stars is Single Bulb instead of CCP/CCR.  Does it make any difference ?  

Yes, it makes a difference. The lights in my star are just strings of white LED lights. You are using RGB lights. If you are using Light-O-Rama CCPs then you can use the tool that draws CCR pixels one at a time.

You can first enlarge the superstar star and then use it as sort of a guide and you can draw your pixels one at a time on top of it. When you are done, you can delete the superstar star.

If you are using DMX pixels, then you use the single bulb tool and set the single bulb to RGB and define the DMX channels.

Brian:  I really your help here how to map things out on green grid.  I understand the location of each pixel in the comment field but has no idea how get what you've done.

My star consists of there concentric stars, the outermost one has 50 pixels, the next one has 40 and the innermost has 10.  My tree is exactly like the yours, 24x25.  I am using CCP to make start and tree.

Thanks in advance.

I will ask that you make the initial visualization with the pixels placed where you want. Then email the visualization to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take care of locating it on the sequencing grid.