Light-O-Rama Forums

I can't make the sequence editor work! (importing channel config)

Riley

I've volunteered to help program the lights for a big charity Christmas lights display in the middle of the city, but I am unable to import the existing .lcc light configuration file into the Sequence Editor.  

When I select Edit>Import Channel Configuration and select the config, I get a "Not Responding" lag in the window, followed by the error message "Invalid procedure call or element".

I'm using the software from here http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-software-download/

I've entered the licence number I got from the organizer.

Everything seems to be downloaded right, and I've downloaded both the Sequence Editor and the config multiple times.

I'm on a Windows 8 box with updated Windows Media Player.

I've got "Last Christmas" by Wham to get lit-up!

Does anyone have any ideas what might be happening?  Either computer or operator error!

Thanks.

The "Invalid procedure call or element" reminds me of a S3 sequence or LCC being used/imported to the S2 software. What version of LOR are you using?

If S2 and the LCC was built in S3, then it may have features in it that won't work in S2.

Depending on number of channels, and if your in a rush for the church, would try from scratch and get a paper copy of their channel config ( or take a screen shot ) and input it manually.