Green LED Mini Lights

Home Depot has Green dome LEDs.

100ct box 10.98.

I bought two cases from them last month.

At my Home Depot they have the recycle old strings sale ($3 off these green LEDs) making it about $8 for 100ct.

I've seen these threads about the dearth of green lights for the last two or three years now. It makes no sense to me. Y'all can buy all the green you want, and at discount prices, during all the pre-season sales.

I've seen these threads about the dearth of green lights for the last two or three years now. It makes no sense to me. Y'all can buy all the green you want, and at discount prices, during all the pre-season sales.

I bought 'mini' lights one year during the 'pre-season' sale.  I could not use them in the xmas tree props as they were too big for the holes and would not fit in unless I enlarged each hole.  Not going to happen.  Unfortunately, the pre-season sales also line up during times when disposable income is non-existent.  I make 99% of my disposable income in the last quarter of the year.  Whatever is left over gets diverted to the vacation/camping fund otherwise known as "keeping the wife's mouth shut" season. :)

I searched the list you sent me a few months ago when I received it and I guess there was not a preseason sale going on at any of them.

The prices where double for 100 count lights and then I had to pay shipping.

I cleaned out the HD near me. I had enough green to do the house.

I am hoping I can score more after Christmas.

I searched the list you sent me a few months ago when I received it and I guess there was not a preseason sale going on at any of them.

As noted by Bob above, the pre-season sales are during January - same time of year as when stores are clearing out their leftovers.

Some people shop the big box stores after Christmas hoping to find what they want cheap (same as the quality) while others of us shop the preseason sales at exactly the same time of year for precisely what we need (and get much, much better quality) for way lower than big box retail prices. Different strokes for different folks I guess ...

Most vendors will post the info here. Some start their sale in mid-December. Other members will also post info.

Check with Creative Displays NOW. Paul has some lights he's offering on clearance next week I think at prices he says are even lower than his pre-sale prices.

Don't be afraid to browse through the vendors forum for names and links.

Edited by George Simmons

This is what I have found with internet shopping for lights:

Home Depot has 100ct Green for 10.98 free pick up in store or free shipping to home. I chose quantity of ten. There was no tax. 

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Accents-Holiday-100-Light-LED-Green-Dome-Light-Set-TY-100D-GR/204078946

I went into this buying ten units. Let's just say, "Random Online Vendor" has 70ct shipped to my house for 16.78 times ten..

I am still lacking 300 lights compared to Home Depot and I paid almost 60.00 more.

Where is the savings by using a online Christmas light vendors except if it is June and the lights just aren't in the stores?

I want the extra Green to go into my wallet, not someone I don't know and I want the 300 extra lights on my house.

George is going to bash me for this, but the math doesn't work out for somebody needing green lights right now.

Then who knows when the lights will ship from the online vendor.

My last HD order shipped from Lexington, KY. For me that is UPS two business days for delivery.

Edited by MikeERWNC

I'm not going to bash you.  Home Depot needs your money too.  (Although at their every-day prices they sure don't need very much from you to laugh all the way to the bank.)  The best time to order lights is during the vendors' pre-season sales.  This time of year, you're going to pay through the nose for most all lights, definitely including the crap lights like what you linked.  It's so preventable ... Try it in January and see for yourself how much higher quality you can buy for the same price.  You'll never shop for retail lights again. 

That said, $10.98 isn't a bad price for store-bought lights, unless they're even crappier than usual.

BTW - my last online order through CDI shipped the same day.  My last online order from MITS shipped next day.  My last online order through HLE (a couple years ago) shipped same day.  The secret is to NOT order product the seller doesn't have in stock.

Edited by George Simmons