Jump to content

Winsock Error/10053


Denny
 Share

Recommended Posts

I did a search of the forums and came up with a whole page of recommended solutions to this problem, but before I start applying some of them, a little history and hopefully a recommendation from the forum on where to start.  Did a test run of my show tonight after reducing file sizes of my videos to help resolve the lag between songs.  Running 16 songs and get the Winsock Error/10053 with six of the songs each time the sequences cycle through the show.  I have seen solutions ranging from reload the USB485 drivers to make a change in the sequence.  Since it happens on the same songs every time, I deduce that there is a problem with those songs.  I am running E1.31 as well as LOR controllers, including an iDMX1000.  Files are all compressed.  DevMike made a recommendation in one of the posts to make a small change in each of the problem sequences and then resave.  I can't see anything consistent in the sequences that are throwing the errors, that is, some are music and others have video; some use DMX with the iDMX and others don't.  Does anyone else have a recommendation on where to start to resolve the problem or what is causing it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd be looking to make sure that you don't have lor channels assigned and no adaptor and the same with dmx channels. As a quick check save a channel template from a good sequence and import it into the problem 1 (after making sure it's saved elsewhere) and see if that resolves the problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I too have that problem but with just one of my songs.  I have a list of #11 sequences, the problem one is #9.  Says it hs a problem loading the compressed sequence.

 

I manually compressed the sequence again to no avail.

 

If I load 2 songs in the Show Editor with the problem one being #2 it plays fine.

 

Oddly, when doing it the SimpleShowBuilder way its fine at #9.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I contacted the help desk about my problem, turns out all I had to do was install the 4GB patch into the LORMonitor file.  I had it installed in the Sequence Editor, but it also needs to be installed in the Monitor file.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How many channels you running Denny.

 

Thanks for posting the "hopeful" solution. I was seeing the same thing last night and was still in the process of figuring it out. I had patched the lortray file, forgot about the monitor file. Will be trying this when I get home.

Edited by dougd
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How many channels you running Denny.

 

Thanks for posting the "hopeful" solution. I was seeing the same thing last night and was still in the process of figuring it out. I had patched the lortray file, forgot about the monitor file. Will be trying this when I get home.

To be honest with you, I am not sure how many channels that I am running.  Have somewhere around 25 LOR Controllers which includes the DIO32 and relay boards, and Servo Dog included in that count, but am not running all channels on those or on all the light controllers.  I try to keep spare channels on several controllers in case needed during the season.  Also, since my display is over 200 feet long, I place controllers throughout the display rather than try to run long extension cords.  Then I have two pixel trees, one on each side of the yard, and one uses an 681 and the other uses the J1Sys 12.  Throw in a few DMX moving heads, snow machine......  Well, who really knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was just wondering. If you load one of your sequences if you are curious, then go to view/sequence info, it will give you a channel count. MIne says I am at 23,000 channels. I was wondering what the threshold was before having to patch the lormonitor.exe file.

 

I patched my lormonitor.exe file this evening and all is right with the world again. Last night I was about to throw in the towel. Was not a fun evening for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was just wondering. If you load one of your sequences if you are curious, then go to view/sequence info, it will give you a channel count. MIne says I am at 23,000 channels. I was wondering what the threshold was before having to patch the lormonitor.exe file.

 

I patched my lormonitor.exe file this evening and all is right with the world again. Last night I was about to throw in the towel. Was not a fun evening for me.

From what I remember, I am around 6000 channels and was having all kinds of problems until I patched the lormonitor file.  Had patched the sequence editor but did not know about lormonitor until "talking" with support.

 

I know what you mean about throwing in the towel; to keep from getting kicked off the forum, let's just say that it was ten days of "aggravation" before I installed the patch.  Glad things are right with the world again for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...