Light-O-Rama Forums

Move channels in working track with moving in master track?

kzaas

I can't find any previous topics on this. I have an RG B master track that I don't want to change. I created a working track to be able to change the order of the channels within groups in any order I wish. But when I move any channels around in the working track, they also move in the master track even though the channels are locked in the master track. I have each string of my RGB mega tree in its own group and I copied all of the groups to the working track before changing the order.

Does anyone have any clues as to what I am doing wrong?? Please help me.

ha ha.. I just had that same issue.. you most likely have groups.. in your slave track you have to degroup the channel.  Then you can move them around without moving them in the master track.  You can regroup them again after you move them around..

Ditto Plasma     Inside the sequence, there is a structure which defines the channel contents of a group.  If you use this group in more than one place, rearranging the channels will be seen for all uses.     Degroup and create again to create a new groupID of the same set up channels.  Then you can rearrange impacting just the one.