Light-O-Rama Forums

3.11.2 Issue Can't get Sequence Editor to work

thevikester

I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times trying to get this to work...When I open the sequence editor...that is all that happens, the editor opens, I can't open any files, I can't even shut it or minimize it...I have to use the task manager to get rid of it...Al f the links are essentially greyed out and non active...if I click one, it just makes the ole bing noise, like thanks for clickin, but it ain't happening.

When I go to one of my files to open it, I get an error that says CaN'T  show non modal form when modal form is displayed

Any ideas?? Very frustrating at this point...especially when I'm trying to get to the point of running my show...yikers!  Its been a few weeks since I've used the software so not sure what to think. Any help would be appreciated

Hey George...I was on 3 monitors, but when this happened, I had unhooked the other monitors...and was just using the laptop

The software is defaulting to whichever screen it was using the last time it was opened. Looks like you've got to connect another monitor (or two) to track down the open dialog box that is preventing you from opening any files.

Roger that George...as soon as it  get done updating...I'll give that a go, that makes alot of sense...thank you so much for your expertise. I will let you know if that fixes it...but it sure sounds right

Thanks - even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Truth is, I've had the same thing happen to me when I first began transferring work between my office, home, and laptop PCs.

Try holding the windows key and then press the right or left arrow keys.  That will move it from the missing monitor to the next one on the right or left even if not hooked up.